To make better men, and through them a broader and better agriculture by surrounding our members with influences tending to encourage individual endeavor, resourcefulness and aggressive effort along lines making for the development of better mental, social, moral and physical qualities; to promote a wider acquaintance and a broader outlook on the part of agriculture men through fellowship in a national organization that stands for the best social, mental, and moral development.
Alpha Gamma Rho is the fraternity sharing a common bond within a dynamic, global agriculture committed to fostering the highest values and providing each and every brother with superior lifelong personal development and professional success.
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values
At Lambda Chapter we make sure to include Alpha Gamma Rho’s Promises and Values as an integral part of our Membership Development within the chapter. Before the initiation of the new members is held, we hold a Q&A session with each individual to make sure they can follow each of these Promises and Values during their time as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota. After the initiation is held, we begin our new member education program. During this 6-week process, newly initiated members must complete a weekly test, which stresses the values and topics our chapter sees vital for new members to learn. Among the many important values we present; the major values and topics include: showing Alpha Gamma Rho is a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization that only recruits men of the highest potential, the importance of maintaining our chapter’s academic excellence on campus, paying all financial dues to make a financially stable chapter, encouraging involvement as much as possible on campus and in our community and to create an ever prevalent positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho. We believe that our Membership Development within our chapter is key towards making our collegiate members into better men, who will one day use the Promises and Values of Alpha Gamma Rho to better themselves and their surrounding community.